Skip to main content
:::

History

 Nantou County police was once belonged to Taichung during Japanese colony, and there were police departments in Nantou, Xingao, zhushan and Nenggao. During Post-World War Two, all the police departments were changed into police precincts in 1945. Police precincts were set up for County areas and police stations were set up for district areas. Also, all the police stations were changed into police precinct in the year 1949, and Zhongfeng police precinct was established to maintain safety for the mountain side.
 In October 1950, a big adjustment was made. Nantou became independent of Taichung, and the Nantou County and police precinct were established at the same time. The organization is as followed: Director-general, a secretary, 5 departments, a chief office, personnel, accountant to manage Nantou, Yushan, Zhushan, Nenggao and Zhongfeng.
 In February 1951, Zhongfeng precinct was deactivated, Ren-ai Township was incorporated into Nenggao precinct, and Xinyi Township was incorporated into Yushan precinct. At the same time, Mountain department was added to county police stations, to handle relevant duty. In October 1951, Nantou precinct, Nenggao precinct and Yushan precinct changed their name respectively into Caotun precinct, Puli precinct and Jiji precinct.
 In October 1953, Renai Township established Wushe precinct, and Xinyi Township set up Kaihua precinct. In 1956, Wushe precinct changed its name into Renai precinct, when Kaihua precinct was changed into Xinyi precinct. In July 1958, Nantou County set up Nantou precinct to take care of the duty for Nantou and Mingjian. Zhongxing precinct was established in January 1969, to secure the safety of central administration of Zhongxingxincun central government. In July 1993, household management and police were separated. Also, the county fire station was established on 18th of March 1999, since then the police station and fire station were separated from each other.
 The units of the police bureau are as followed: Director-general, 2 Deputy Director-generals, chief secretary, secretariat, information management office, accounting office, personnel office, inspectors' office, public security office, public relations office, general affairs section, household registration section, training section, logistics section, criminal investigation corps, special police brigade, traffic police brigade, women and children protection brigade and juvenile delinquency prevention brigade are the units which is directly subordinate to police bureau. It is in charge of Nantou precinct, Zhongxing precinct, Caotun precinct, Zhushan precinct, Jiji precinct, Puli precinct, Renai precinct, and Xinyi Precinct.
 The address of the County police bureau was No.62 Mingsheng Street Nantou County when it first established in 1950(Wude temple left by Japanese, which is called “History museum” now), the bureau was moved to No.662 Zhongxing road Nantou city in May 1975. Because of the great disaster of earthquake on September 21st 1999, the police bureau was seriously damaged, therefore the bureau was moved to No. 669 Zhongxing road Nantou city.
 Mayer Pong,By-xian announced 1.8 hectare of land from “Ming-de camp” in 24th of March 2000 to be the new location for building the new police bureau. It took two years to go through all the paper work; the construction work of the bureau was started on the 20th of July 2000 and finished on the 30th of April 2004. The new police bureau was officially put into use on 23rd of September in the same year. There are seven floors on land, RC structure of two floors of underground, and the address was No.133 Nangang 2nd road Nantou city. The new building of Nantou county police bureau was magnificent with impressive style, it has not only became the landmark in Nantou but also became the model building throughout the country.

 

 

History

Updated:2017-07-26 PM 12:05:42
  • BACK
  • TOP